|Written by Administrator|
|Wednesday, 16 May 2012 11:24|
After some days, when you go to a jeweller’s shop in Dehradun, you will be given training to safeguard yourself from burglary and fraud. At the jeweller’s, you will also find a long poster with helpful words of caution. This initiative is to be taken up by the Sarafa Mandal Dehradun who has decided to generate public awareness in view of the rising issues of theft and fraud across the city.
This campaign is scheduled to start within a week. As per Mr. Praveen Jain, President Sarafa Mandal, their representatives will meet senior police officials of the city to discuss and control the rising issues of theft, burglary and fraud. They will expect support from the general public and also police officials to make their effort a success.
Word of Caution for the General Public:
• Jewellery should be given for polishing to the same jeweler where it has been purchased from
• Be aware that polishing of jewellery doesn’t involve any weight loss
• Keep your jewellery in bank locker. Avoid keeping at home
• Don’t wear too much jewellery while going out.
• Don’t provide any information to a stranger about your jewellery.
• If anybody comes to your door step and claims they can polish your jewellery in front of you, don’t ever trust them.